Robert was content with his life as a night-shift janitor. No stress, no worries, and no responsibilities. But this idyllic existence is turned upside down when he suddenly finds himself trapped inside a fantasy Role Playing Game.

Confused and alone he must find a way to escape back to his own world and, more importantly, to his daughter. But to do that he must take up the biggest responsibility of all:

To rule a kingdom.

My Opinion: 300 pages (only 60 pages are the story), $0.99 and available on Kindle Unlimited.

Not a bad short story, it’s 60 pages. The author does a really good job of making me care about Robert the janitor very quickly. He has a dead end job, a daughter he cares about but doesn’t see enough, and feels like he’s too old to change. He’s summoned to a world where he becomes king and can save the digital citizens from being deleted by gaining levels and expanding the kingdom’s borders. Only Robert doesn’t want to be there. He just wants to go home. This is supposed to be the first story in a serial series.

Good story but the way the story was published left a bad taste in my mouth. It’s listed at 300 pages on Amazon but only 20% of it is actually the story advertized. The other 80% of it is “bonus content”, recycled older stories from the author. Whether the author intended it or not, it feels like a deception to pad the page count for the novel.